Job Title: Agriculture Development Coordinator
Job ID: 622976 | Location: Montpelier, VT
Full/Part Time: Full-Time | Regular/Temporary: Classified
Hourly Rate: 23.040000 | Pay Grade: 23
Position Number: 280631 | Department: Agriculture, Food & Markets Agency
Posting Date: 03/13/2018 | Application Deadline: 03/27/2018
This position, Agriculture Development Coordinator (Job Opening #622976), is open to all State employees and external applicants. If you would like more information about this position, please contact [email protected]. Please note that multiple positions in the same work location may be filled from this job posting. Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets seeks an Agriculture Development Coordinator position to coordinate critical marketing and promotion events and programs for Vermont food and farm businesses. We are looking for a candidate with great passion for promoting working land businesses, supporting local and regional food systems, and experience managing events and grant programs.
This Agriculture Development Coordinator will be responsible for the on-site management of the Vermont building at The Eastern States Exposition (Big E) in Springfield, Massachusetts for 17 days in September, and should expect to be on-site for a majority of the event. This position will have ongoing engagement with agriculture and food-based businesses, industry stakeholders, nonprofit and public sector partners, and consumers. As a member of the Division’s community & consumer education and industry technical assistance teams, this position should enjoy team collaboration and being a part of a dynamic group of committed public service providers.
To view the full job specification for this position, please visit the DHR Job Specifications page.
Bachelor's degree in the field of agriculture, land use planning, natural resource management, forestry, economics, marketing, public relations or communications AND two (2) years or more at or above a technical level in agriculture, marketing, public relations, communications, land use or natural resource planning, or advertising.
Experience in the following areas:
- Event planning;
- Engagement with vendors to ensure on-site logistics considerations are met;
- Outreach regarding programs – material development and industry communication;
- Proficiency with InDesign and mapping software (e.g., GIS);
- Knowledge and background with the produce industry;
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment;
- Grant management.
As a State employee you are offered a great career opportunity, but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits that are worth about 30% of your total compensation, including:
- 80% State paid medical premium
- Dental Plan at no cost for employees and their families
- Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
- Two ways to save for your retirement: A State defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation 457(b) plan
- Work/Life balance: 11 paid holidays each year and a generous leave plan; many jobs also allow for a flexible schedule
- Low cost group life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Want the specifics? Explore the Benefits of State Employment on our website.
Submission of Application
Should you submit an application for this job opening, you certify that all information entered is correct and complete to the best of your knowledge. By submitting an application, you acknowledge and understand that the State of Vermont may verify information, and that untruthful or misleading answers are cause for rejection of this application, and/or dismissal if employed with the State of Vermont.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.